One person was injured after fire broke out in a DeKalb home on Tuesday night – a fire which started in the kitchen.
Firefighters were called to 1314 Adams Way at about 10 o’clock, and found heavy fire coming from the back of a duplex. One person was inside, but was able to get out on their own.
The fire was brought under control within an hour; a civilian was treated for non-life threatening injuries and taken to Kishwaukee Hospital.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined; it left around $150,000 in damage.